Thursday, November 01, 2012

Holloween 2012

Halloween 2012 it was a bit of a long day. It was my first day back from a unexpected four-day weekend. After work, I took a nap. Next I went to a good group session and then hung out with Alicia and Pat. I was again obsessing about how I ain't doing AA the way I should. Must stop being so hard on myself. Today  is November 1 all souls day and  I did not go to the Sunrise  meeting, I feel I went from the " Pink Cloud" to the dark shadows seemingly about once every week or so. I think this song by the Beatles "Yesterday" (not a fave for sure) sums it up pretty well:
Off the "Pink Cloud"

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, I'm not half to man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say.
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Walking  Out
I suppose that is the way its has to be for me. Glad I have a good group and friends to keep me sane and not do anything goofy or stupid. Cause in my head there is stupid and ghetto all over.
The weather has cooled off significantly after the hurricane. The Indian Summer of October was blown away. I am hopefully will be able to go to LBI with a old supervisor friend of mine. I saw on CNN the devastation that Sandy reeked  on Seaside Heights and the entire shore. I have a new appreciation for NJ Governor Chris Christie. I may not always agree with him  and he can be a bully but in a crisis he does stand up and takes care of business.
Jon Stewart showed how government can work when there is no political Bullsh..
Empty
Leaving
I am just getting up from a nap to finish this report and preclude from needing a nap later after I finish with the Welfare Wakka. This way, I do not need a nap before my group session and do not nod off during the session like I have in the past. I do notice that my contact with others waxes and wanes. Do you , my readers have that happen to you. I thought at age 50 (only till Sunday :) ) this did not happen, then again I am not your typical 50 year old man. You see I do not have a plan, NO wait, I certainly do and that is STAY SOBER!! I like to think that all the other B.S will straighten out once the booze is washed out from my body. I am told it takes about 18 months for all of it to excrete from the body and most of all the brain!!
Well boys and girls, time to go. Please feel free to comment. I might have to say something political and/or inflammatory like I have done before.
Toodles my fiends.

No comments: