Sunday, February 13, 2011

This Weekend: Ostara Yoga, Brenners Brew and Levoy Gala


One of my lunchtime errands
Friday at home
At the Oar House 2-11
At Brenner's Brew Sat Feb 12
Last Friday was a nicest day since last Fall. It was bout 50 out and sunny. It was a good day to do errands that needed to be done. I got scripts for my friend, did the cat sitting and bought lunch for the next week. It was "clean up day" at the Elmwood District and I made some progress. My co-worker will be surprised when she returns from California. It was a good day for cruising to tunes as well. That  night was interesting. I met some friends at Bojo's, then went to the Oar House, ran into a lawyer I see at meetings alot. He told me about his medical condition and how he deals with it. After he left, had 2 beers and went home. I forgot to eat before and I was pretty tired.
Dogs enjoy Ostara Yoga
Levoy Gala Sat Feb 12

Our new friends at the Gala
Saturday, went to Ostara Yoga. We brought our dogs and so did Carolyne's sister. They were well-behaved and enjoyed the Yoga just like we did. After class we all  went to Brenner's Brew for lunch. Carolyne and her sisters were there and it was a nice time to hang out. This will be one of the last times there since Barbara Brenner is closing up due to lack of business. She will have one last get together next weekend, an era has passed for sure.
Sam Fiocchi and Lauren Van Embden
Last night, I went to the Levoy Theatre Gala. It was held at the NJ Motorsports Park. It was well-attended so  much so that the 50-50 cash amount was $850.00 for the winner. I was seated with Ned and Linda and 2 women who were fun and interesting. The salmon was very good but Linda's veggie plate of eggplant parm was even better. I ate half of it and enjoyed it very much. I did some dancing and of course liked that. Made me want to go eat breakfast at Bob Evens I saw folks I have not socialized with in years and it was interesting. I think the VanEmbden's did a nice job of organizing this event. Below are videos of my driving and the other is a very short snippet of the Levoy Gala.
Today I plan on attending an event for the Riverfront Condos. I had mentioned the progress on this blog and then the next day the News of Cumberland County did a nice positive piece. Henceforth, I was sent an invite. It should be informative and I will have a fun time. Its now Sunday, I hear the Beatles playing on a smartphone. They always sound good!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: