Monday, February 07, 2011

Mundane Feb Weekend of Feb 5 and 6th

Saturday at Brenner''s Brew.
Friday was a Long Day!
My Sandwich at Brenner's Brew!
Saturday Dinner at Freds
Friday was a long eventful day for an average work day. First up, I got up at 3:30am to catch the 4:15am bus. It was actually 4 minutes late which is a first. I actually met an interesting person name Pamela who lives somewhere in Millville and was going to try to patch up a relationship up in a northern state. She would not get there till the afternoon. We talked about all kinds of stuff and it ate up the whole 2 hour trip. It was good to be able to relate to a stranger. I wish her luck.  I then did an errand and had to be work early for an interview with a bizarre customer at work. I will not describe this online but I will say it was 2 hours long. I had 10 other folks to interview and then hit the bank. I was lucky though, the 5:53pm Route 408  bus was so late that I was able to catch it even though I did not get to Camden till 6:30pm. The bus ended up showing up at 6:51pm. Needless to say (I am saying it anyway..) I was very tired. I then chilled out and had  pizza a cold beer and watched Criminal minds in the comfort of our home.
Bag of Sunday Errands.
Waiting for Help at Staples on Sunday

Sunday:Copying Yoga Lesson Cards 
 Saturday was  a cold misty in February but we made the best of it We had Ostara Yoga with Carolyne's sisters. It was real good for me to stretch me tired muscles after a week where I did work hard. We next went to Brenner's Brew and had more of Barbara Brenner's delicious sandwiches. The big news of this week was that my step-daughter is going to have a baby boy. The name is still being decided on  but I will of course document that life event.
They have cleared out the remains of the Vintage Rose Tea Room and the Arrow Tax Building. I can now see the Levoy from my bedroom window(or at least part of it).

Waiting for the Super Bowl to Start
It was nice Sunday. The sun was out and shining, it was not cold and I got to sleep in too!! I went to walk the dogs and spoke to a merchant on High Street. They told me that the Fath Building to the right of the Levoy sank about 8 inches. I took a look and it is noticable. Rumor has it that the Fath Building will be repaired or it TOO will have to be razed. I suppose I will get the word soon.
The rest of today, I did some errands. The longest was to try to get copies of Spanish yoga cards copied at Staples. They could not do it behind the counter since it would violate copyright laws but I cold do it at the self-sevice copiers since it would be on me, I suppose. I did make  the copies but it took a long time to do since I had to line up each copy so I could have each side match the other. It was a bit taxing on the mind but I think I did get it right.
I suppose I should ask why are folks so self-absorbed (yes, I am on this blog) that they can not just listen to another and just acknowledge them and their stories and feelings.  I suppose a lack of shame has just taken over our world.
Its now Sunday at 9:14 pm and I am listing to Radiohead's song "All I need" and 2+2=5. Its quite the mood music I think. This band reminds me when Carolyne and I drove to Paducah Kentucky. We drove to the music of Radiohead's album "In Rainbows" though Kentucky, Tennessee, and North Carolina to the Outer Banks. It left a imprint on my mind, the trip( where I saw a teacher from Ardmore Jr. High teacher who ran a museum about Native Americans) I guess I am in the mood for this again There seems to be a feeling that changes are coming and I have to wonder if I am ready for them. I at least am open to the possibility of them occurring sooner then later. Of course they WILL come later. One question before I go on. What happened to Robert Owen''s blog?
I just read about the Puppy Bowl This year is the 7th year of this show in Animal Planet. I watched  some highlights and even the kitty half-time show. You have to check it out, its so cute and funny as hell!!
Meanwhile in a close Super Bowl. The Packers are leading the Steelers 31-25 and ended up winning by the same score. I did not watch much of it since I was distracted by other thoughts besides football.
I would like to get warm and go to sleep. I did cook up some veggie dogs with collards and vegetarian baked beans. It was very spicy and dammit, we like spicy even if others mock us for liking spicy foods and make a point of of it. Folks are sure funny. Oh, yea, my old nighbor split up with her husband, already has boyfriend.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Kat_a said...

Oh my. I see the odd clown has possibly made you go nuts!

Unknown said...

I think so. My weekend was not nearly long enough for me. I am going to interview at the same job as Peter. Have I gone bizzareo??