Friday, February 25, 2011

The Last Week in Feb 2011

Weds Feb 23. Not a good morning to ride SEPTA
Its been a hairy week. Wednesday was the commute from hell..
Here is the Wedsday morning events before 9am...
I got that security job and SEPTA made me wait 45 min in the cold TWICE!! Both the Route 44 to City Line Ave from 8th and Market AND the Route 65 from City Line Ave to 69th Street Terminal.
I had a Dr apt at 7am. I cought the 4:15am bus from Millville. My cell phone
just got cut off and Jack Hummel just invited me to a radio show with Jim Quinn this Friday. I found this out via G-Mail when I finally got to work this past Weds.......

Well, hung out with   at the Oar House and heard some interesting tidbits.
Here is what I heard. Kim Warker is retiring at the end of March.
There is talk that  one or more Commissioners may not run,,then qualifited that statetment hinting they might
Weds Feb 23rd 6:20am at 8th and Market
change thier minds. This person  said I should run for school Board 2 folks are not going to run and only one person has turned in the petitions which are due in March. Ummm..no campaigning. I will think about it. W.al-Mart is proposing an expansion and Shop-Rite plans to oppose it since Wal-Mart is non-Union. Gov Christie will END UEZ funding which will result in police and fire layoffs.
Oh, Sun Bank might pull out funding from the Riverfront Condo's if the builder does not put up more money for the project.  I am going to have to miss the neighborhood summit to help my step-daughter and husband with moving furniture for the future baby... I got my hair cut for the interview with the security company that was postponed till Weds March 2nd.
Meanwhile the protests in Wisconson continue. Gov Scott Walker wants to deny collective-bargening rights to state employees. The unions have agreed to the monetary demands but he and the KOCH BROTHERS want to BUST THE UNIONS!! Stay tuned for that
Well, today I blew off the Pittman express and will take the 6:04am bus instead

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: