Monday, August 02, 2010

Last Week of July: A Review

The week after the Great Millville Thunderstorm was pretty ok by most standards. On Monday I took BOTH sets of car keys with me. Thank God I DID notice. I then had to get off the Rt 408 Bus at Franklinville NJ and take the bus back to Millville. I was late but it needed to be done. Tuesday, Pat and I interviewed a woman who currently has 13 cats. We were there for over an hour. That is Pat and I at the woman's house and one of the cats. We had decided to turn her down that evening since it was so overwhelming with cats in different places etc. The woman called me the next day and after talking $$, I was convinced to accept it. Its to start August 15th and reoccur when she wants to visit her mother.
Work was buzy as usual at the end of the month giving out carfare and doing a bunch of interviews. Next week will be a regular hoot since 2 folks are on vacation AND a co-worker is being transferred and not being replace till September. There will be 3 of us doing all the AM interviews at 9 and 10 am. This is Pa DPW at work man. I think I am going to take a day off next week. Umm..sounds good to me.
Here is a sign near Franklinville I see each day. I find it pretty funny. I suppose I should send this to Weird NJ.
Yesterday, I continued the sanding of the side door entrance that I had started last weekend and stopped due to last Sunday's great thunderstorm. The weather was real nice compared and I managed to deal with the cheap orbital
sander made by Skil. This sander was so cheap that ANY pressure I put on just slowed down the motor.

I went though 2 of these. Here is a video demo for ya. I just had to get work done since I was going to meet some friends from the bus at Nipper's Pub in Deptford at 5pm. I had to catch the 2:53pm bus from Millville to make it on time. While waiting for the bus to show up, I saw this dude with droopy draws. Man it was quite a sight for sure.
We had a nice time. Only 3 of us showed up but we were laughing the whole time it seemed. Carolyne stopped by from her yoga training class in Collinswood to meet both of my friends. She met one of the folks before from working at the RRCA. I had some wings and they were pretty tasty. Its too bad others did not join the fun but hey we had a fun time for sure.

No comments: