Friday, August 06, 2010

SONY Sucks!!!

USB B to A plug adapter connecting a beige USB...Image via Wikipedia
Hi. I lost my USB chord for my Sony Cyber-Shot W-220 camera and my charger for my Sanyo cellphone. Here is what happened next. I called CREDO Mobile for a replacement. The nice woman on the other line said it would cost X but said that I could go to Wal-Mart or a Sprint store and get a replacement. Well, sure enough the next day I went to Wal-Mart and found a generic replacement and I was made whole. When I tried to get my USB chord replaced, I thought I could just drop by the Best Buy. I bought the camera last October and figured that it would be easy. Well, I was just flat out WRONG!!  I tried to go online at www.sonystyle.com and  they just listed the accessories randomly and there was no way in HELL I was going to find it. I gave up and called Sony customer service. The man had me read the serial number and I almost went blind trying to read it.  First off the part is over $40 bucks and I have to wait "6-10 business" days for it.  Of course I could have opted for the rush service but that would have cost 12 bucks more!!
Is it me or is there something wrong here?? Why can't I get my part at an electronics store and find a generic USB adapter?? Umm nice business model SONY. You suck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, guess I will have to borrow Carolyne's camera to get any photos for the next 6 to 10 business days..
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Carl B. Johnson said...

I refuse to buy Sony products - they are the assholes, if you remember - that put malicious malware on their music CDs.

If you tried to play the CD on your computer - a screen came up telling you that you had to install a program. if you opted out, the CD would not play, but the malware installed itself anyway.

This malware allowed knowledgeable hackers to have total access to your entire computer.

Sony came up with a fix - that was WORSE than the malware, in many cases totally destroying the computer.

This malware infected many high level government computers - Sony finally stopped this insidious process, but all they did for anyone that was inconvenienced is give them a voucher for - yep, free music CDs.

Sony CAN NOT be trusted on the consumer level, treating their customers was a total disregard - and this sort of proprietary cable when using industry standard cables would save you money in the long run is yet another example.