Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Good Morning: Weds August 4th

Spark plugsImage via Wikipedia
Honda at Center City Toyota in April  
Hello world. Well, I lost my backpack with my phone charger and the USB to my camera, so no up-to-date photos for several days while I try to get to the local Best Buy in Millville. I am going to take the car this morning and stay in Philly tonite. I have to bring the Honda Element to Center City Toyota to change the spark plugs. The car is getting poor gas mileage and its running sluggish. It has about 74,000 miles on it so its starting to age a bit. I hope its not too expensive. Finally got a pet sitting job at the Fairfax so that is good.
Work was unreal. I got in early yesterday at 8am and between 8 and 9 am I answered 15 calls! Most asked about when they were going to get
52nd Street in West Philly
their August carfare. Half our unit is out, so I saw working like craazzzy man. Its Pa Department of Public Welfare and its chronic under staffing. The front desk can not handle the amount of folks to service. I remember when upper management spoke on and on about "customer service" I guess that is SO last year. I mean, if an agency does not have enough staff to handle the volume, that is NOT serving the customer!! Harrisburg should send someone down to Elmwood and see what I am taking about. I can not photograph the sight cause DPW does not want cameras in the Welfare Office. I could get in huge trouble. Hell, some get away with doing little but never mind THAT!!
The opponents of the race track came out to the Millville City Commission meeting. I of course came home way too late to photograph nor videotape the proceedings. While I have been very critical of Ms. Post and others who want to shut down the NJMSP, the folks running the park have NOT made life easy for our City Commission.
Doing the heavy lifting in Millville
I never hear much of ANY concern about the noise issue from the NJMSP powers that be. I suppose some (not all) think that we in Millville are a bunch of county bumpkins who can be blown off. Maybe they think they are smarter then the City Commission. They have the City Commission taking shots over and over again while they remain mute. Come on fellows, just acknowledge that noise IS an issue. By now you should all realize that this issue is NOT going away.
I have a Zoning Board meeting Thursday night. We are having a porch sale this coming Saturday from 8 to 6pm. Come on out we have all kinds of stuff for sale.
Well, off to Philly to shop and do welfare.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: