Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts



Its Tuesday morning and another week speeds itself onward. Yesterday was a not a bad day at all. I started by getting on the NJ Transit Route 408 Bus. It takes the scenic way North/South on NJ Route 47 called Delsea Drive everywhere except in Millville when its called 2nd Street. I then arrive in Philly and take care of some cute cats that I am watching this week. They sure were cute.  Work was not so bad either. I then hung out with a friend for a bit and did some catching up.
Tonite is the Millville City Commission meeting. The City Commission was set to approve a Motocross facility for the New Jersey Motorsports Park tonite BUT I just read in today's Daily Journal that this vote has been delayed:
Commissioner Dale Finch, a member of the city's committee that worked with the park on concerns from the public about noise, said the commission will not introduce an ordinance for the "Field of Dreams" motocross facility, designed by Trenton businessman Clayton Keeler, at tonight's meeting. Finch said the ordinance was originally scheduled to be voted on first reading tonight, but was delayed due to a procedural matter.
The Commission WILL however, vote to adopt an ordinance on second reading that will restrict the park's use of its PA system and race times. I am sure that these concessions will NOT be satisfactory for opponents of the track who want the track to just be "a good neighbor". I am not sure what defines a "good neighbor" I am sure I will be told by somebody and I look forward to reading about this. I think the 1 Million that folks talk about is a number based on when the economy was MUCH stronger then it is today. You know about the year 2004/2005 when real estate was booming into a big bubble that has now burst like Bubble Yum! Nobody can get the price they want on their real estate, not EVEN the government. I am sure the Motorsports Park has suffered under this economy just like most of us. I do hear that folks are getting the asking price for their homes near the track. Yes, I have no evidence of this right now but I have not see proof that the noise has depressed the real estate market BY ITSELF.The economy is affecting every business and non-profit trying to raise funds even here in Millville. I know one solution is not to sweeten a position to keep a person when your fundraising is lagging....
Well, time to shower and get ready for work
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the 1 Million that folks talk about is a number based on when the economy was MUCH stronger then it is today.

There's an agreement between Millville and NJMP to purchase the land. The fee/acre is set. My understanding is that it is $5000/acre. That jives with what was posted on your blog 2008-12-10.

Also posted then was that NJMP wants another 200 acres.

5000 x $200 = $1,000,000

Whether it was based on when the economy was better or not, it is in a binding agreement. That is from where the $1 million figure emanates.

Unknown said...

Did you see Judge Porecca's letter to the editor?