Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 26: A Really Long Day


Well, Its been a few days since I last blogged. It was a very, very busy week at work and in pet-sitting. I even stayed in Philly overnight. I had a place where the woman had 16 cats. This job takes 2 hours to do everything the correct way as per the 3 pages
of directions. This person has their own cats and rescues others and keeps them till they get a new home. From the amount of cats, finding new homes for lost, abandoned or abused cats is not that easy. This place has a system for keeping all the cats. Three of them are separated from the other free-range cats for 3 different reasons from Feline Leukemia to being to nasty to be with other cats. The other is in the garage for an unknown reason.
To get there by 6-6:30am, I caught the 4:15am Rt 408 NJ Transit Bus. The other day I did drive.
Its extra dark THAT time of the morning but the weather was nice and cool. At this hour, there are bout 5 folks going to the methadone clinic in Camden. Folks in recovery talk ONLY one thing themselves and their recovery that they are experience. One person I have not seen since December was with her husband and lost weight, another is 8 months pregnant with her 2nd child and 2nd daddy. Once in Camden, I caught PATCO
right away (PATCO trains run all night unlike SEPTA) and then at 8th Street, got the Market-EL line to 56th Street which is 2 blocks from work at 58th and Market.
Of course the Welfare-Wakka was booming with business with the end of the month carfare business to attend to and many folks needing to see our Career Development Unit at 9 am and 10am. So half of the day I really can not get MY work done. Oh well, I at least am working unlike many others I know in this Great Recession of 2010. So enjoy the movie I made and rest.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: