Monday, August 02, 2010

August 1st

Yesterday, I completed the 2nd phase of the paint job I started last week. I first had to get to the Lowes to get the primer, brushes and other stuff. I caught the Route 408 bus to the mall and got home pretty quickly. I did have to wait for  20 minutes to get back home. The sun was pretty hot so I used an umbrella to keep cool it worked pretty well. I then finished off the sanding that needed to be done and put on the first coat of primer. This primer is an oil-based primer. You can see that alot of sanding and a good primer will be needed for this job.
2nd Street near Pine Sunday August 1st
I noticed that all the limbs that fell last Sunday are parked like cars on the side of the street. I mean who is responsible for the cleanup? I think folks just pushed them on the street expecting the city to come over and pick up. Well, a walk down 2nd street between Mulberry and Pine streets shows that has not happened. How long is it going to take to get rid of these dying limbs? It will be interesting to see what happens to this situation since Millville contracts out its trash hauling. The city needs to find savings in this part of the budget when the contract with the current hauler is done. They can save money just like Buena Vista just did.Maybe the next contract will include emergency pick up so I do not have to look at tree branches parked like cars or dead Christmas trees in January
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: