Thursday, March 25, 2010

NJ Politics: Pension Envy!

I had a chance to check out some other Jersey bloggers and found a good site about Congressman for Life Frank LoBiondo. Its about time there was someone dedicated to unearthing some of his contradictions. He was for Cap and Trade BEFORE he was against it. I will be following this site for sure. I note with interest the pension crisis hitting New Jersey. I am a state employee in good ole Pa, home to fast Eddie Rendell. Pa is going to face the same kind of crisis in the upcoming years. I predict that Pa will try to end Pensions for new employees. I am thankful I have almost 20 years in. There is a feature called "Ledger Live" in the web edition of the Newark Star Ledger. I think this is one of the better papers in this state. I noted that one of the protesters filmed in the video below make an interesting observation that is never mentioned in this debate. She said that most people do not WANT to do the jobs they do such as changing bedpans. I would agree with this. Most of my friends would not want to do my job dealing with upset welfare recipients being demanding day after day. Most would not want to be teaching smart-ass kids in urban school districts. The female reporter in this video seems to know a lot about this issue. I should go ahead and email her questions. I will encourage my fellow Millville bloggers Robert Owens and Carl Johnson to do the same. Well off to the dentist then off to work. Tomorrow I go to our accountant to figure out our Federal and State taxes. Happy Spring!!
Ledger Live: Pension envy









No comments: