Monday, March 29, 2010

Millville Update March 29th 2010

Good evening. I overslept after eating and missed 2 buses. I should never go back to take a "nap" after getting up at 4:30am. I am STILL without a cellphoneOh well. Anyway, there have been some changes going on with the Arts District. First off Isabelle's Studio moved out of the place she used as her studio for 4 years. She has moved in the Artists Consortium as of this past weekend. Next Sitar Bob will be closing Brainchurch at the end of may. Word has it he will move to Arizona in a year with family. He and the Brainchurch will be missed.
The top photo to the right is of the Arrow Tax Building. It's located at the corner of High and Pine Streets on the same side of the street as the Levoy Theatre.I saw some contractor looking over the property yesterday, and he told me there was termite damage to the building. Its looking pretty run-down now. From what I hear this building has been sited in the past for property code violations and there have been several people interested in buying it
The next photo is the property on the corner of Buck and Pine Streets. It was bought out by the city and so far the siding was removed. My opinion is that the building looks BETTER with the plain wood exterior. I think it should be a welcome center for the riverfront. I did find out that the city will be demolish the house in the near future as the redevelopment plans start to move forward. I guess the building is old and in disrepair at this time. I really can not blame the city for wanting to tear it down. Maybe some of the wood could be saved. There must be some historical items in the house since it does look pretty old. I bet alot of Millville looked like this house before siding become so popular. The economy will dictate that for sure with the current proposed cuts to UEZ and state funding in general. I suppose events like the Bikefest will NOT happen this year. Allison Corson of MDC got a job with the Housing Authority which is going to be a better job for her for sure.
My last question, is the renovation of the Levoy still a go??
Last thing. One year ago today was the TestaFest.

No comments: