Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Trip to Frankford

Friday after work, I ventured out to the Frankford section of Philadelphia. It was a cool and rainy early evening by the time I had boarded the Market-Frankford El. I was to pick up art cards for the Twin Peaks Art Exhibit that will be opening on Friday April 2nd at Parana Betty's Art Market at the 2400 block of Frankford Avenue. I stopped by at a local watering hole called the Old Philadelphia Bar. It served up a pint for $1.50 which I thought was extinct. I next went to Atlantis The Lost Bar. It was pretty hip joint I must say. All the beer on tap was brewed by the brewery across the street. After having a beer went to pick up the cards at Parana Betty's. The gallery was very cool, like the Amethyst in Millville but even larger. The featured artists are shown in the very front of the gallery in a smaller size room. (The photo you see here is me at the front gallery) I think this is good since folks will not miss the work being shown. After getting the tour, I went on the 5 bus to a bar called Murph's bar. It's across from Johnny Brenda's at Frankford and Girard Aves. It was a normal working class bar. I had a guy try my hat on and it was pretty funny. Next but not least was Johnny Brenda's. I was last there with Carolyne about a year and a half ago. Its a pretty nice bar with a great beer selection. I had a Walt Whit and then took the 5 bus to the El then to the PATCO, then to the Cape May bus (runs 4 times a day) back to Millville.

No comments: