Saturday, January 09, 2010

Funky Friday in Philly



Well after waiting for the bus in the nice little snowfall early today, I worked and then found out Carl 's work was showing at the Smile Gallery at 22nd and Sansom in Philadelphia. I figured it would be a good time to see him. His work went well with the other artists showng. This gallery is a nice snug place with a warm atmoshpere. I very much enjoyed it there. I ran into Wayne and Carol who were nice enough to drive me home where I ventured to the Brainchurch where Soupy Sails and Eraserhead were showing. I saw Ronnie, Paul , Bob and others there. Boy Eraserhead is quite disturbing with the guelish ET baby who really disfigured and slimy. Must say its and artistic statement and I think anyone who watches it needs to keep that in mind. It might be a good plug for using birth control as well. Anyway you have to see it to know what I mean. I am sure that alot of folks I know have seen it when it first came out. This is the first time I have sat and watched the whole thing.

No comments: