Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Big Red Book of Welfare and Other Thoughts

May 18th and that means there is only a week before Memorial Day. I was buzy at work writing up sanctions for folks who do not cooperate with Welfare to Work guidelines. I have names placed in the book that you see me holding up. It was a fine cool day for Mid-May. Tonite was Dottie's walk. Dale Finch did show up today along with the few of us. We showed some properties that are a mess and Dottie saw a lot of neighbors she knows. Tomorrow the swearing in of the newly elected Millville City Commission will be held at Noon today. Since I do have to be at work, I will have to miss this one. There will be no evening meeting so I get to be home.
I am for one glad that the independent Democrats support open space preservation. Lets hope they stay in the race and push this issue. We are the ONLY County in the state with an open space plan. This is very disappointing for me. Cumberland County needs one before all the land is built up once the economy rebounds in the next 18 months.
Another blogger in Millville is RD Owens who writes a site called E-Cache. He writes very well and gives alot of thought in what he writes. I don't always agree with him such as voting for Millville City Commission but I do on others such as Lou Magazzu. He wrote a very interesting piece about the Motorsports Park way back in May 2005 before the park was built and several weeks before we moved to our present address. This was the 1st and biggest issue when I first moved here in Millville. Today in the BEN, Jack Hummel strongly reacts against a letter that Linda Forbes sent in today in the News of Cumberland County. Jack seems to be a strong big Lou supporter. Folks need to write to Mr. Hummel and not be bullied by Mr. Magazzu.
Well got to eat and have coffee now. Have a good week.

No comments: