Monday, May 18, 2009

Mulch Time!


Yesterday it was time to get some new mulch in the backyard. The other much was pretty much worn out and it was just that time. Well, this year we got Pine Bark Nuggets. They are larger wood chips so they will hopefully last longer. It took about 30 bags to get the coverage that I wanted but it looks ready for the hot weather and guests to come. Today was a good cloudy cool day to work on this kind of outdoor project. I went to Poetry on High at Bogarts Books since I was out to tell a friend to move his car from my neighbor's handicapped spot. I KNOW he could not afford the $250 fine being an artist and all. I think it came out pretty well but stop over at the Fithian House Gallery and see for yourself.
Its good to do something with no controversy since the only cover-up being done is by spreading mulch. I saw at Lowes that they sell RUBBER MULCH. I just never heard of the stuff before. I ran into 2 friends and they said it smells. Not sure it would be good to have rubber sitting on the ground and seeping petroleum for years and years.

No comments: