Thursday, January 18, 2024

Wednesday, January 17: 3rd Day in Costa Rica

I did not sleep too well last night. I got up and got ready for Chris’s 

foundations class which starts at about 7:15 AM. I got some of that yummy coffee that they sell here. Costa Rican coffee is 

as good as any coffee in the world I must say. They had plenty of it in it, and I was drinking it. Once we got started with the foundation


class, I really woke up. We have it at the edge of a beautiful pool, 

it’s not a swing when I get dipping pool but it’s a beautiful Mo exit 

use there, so Chris was explaining stuff that I can’t really explain on 

this blog but it’s basically to use your hips instead of your lower back 

to maneuver to protect your lower back that’s basically what it’s about but I’ll 

have to go get the link and put it on here. It was sent by Chris on an email a 

while ago and I hadn’t looked at it. I think I really wanna look at it now that I’ve

 been exposed to it anyhow after that, we had her traditionally

 8 AM yoga class. It was well attended and and it was great to practice there 

because it was warm but it had tons of air and it was quite unbelievable

. how nice it is to practice yoga when it’s warm yet there’s so much air to breathe. It enabled

 me to really strive hard to complete my pose. I was sweating
like I’ve never sweated before but then again, I had no towel so basically, I was sweating on my shirt and my travel mat. Chris teacher the instructor makes a very nice comments about me in front 
of the class. I was quite shocked. Actually, it was cool. After class went back to my room and had to literally ring out my shirt of sweat. It rang out like I soaked it. 
In the shower was quite  a trip. Chris, the young guy from Wisconsin who’s

 working at the place, March that he was quite unbelievable how much 

sweat it was. He was working on the plants near our cabana. After I managed to get showered, it was time to eat some yummy breakfast and it was very good. I enjoyed
it very much , I forget what it was exactly 

but it was vegetarian and very healthy. Anyhow, I had a little bit of time to do nothing really and chill out. I 


had a massage at 12 noon but I thought it was at 11:30 show had more time than I thought. So I had the massage and it was quite intense. You’re in this beautiful

 air air room and it was the wind was howling like crazy, but it felt great. 

At the end, my arm was kind of asleep so I had to have the masseuse quickly rub the stiffness
 out of it. after the massage, I then took a shower. The showers were right next to the massage places and then were a little bit nicer with big heads. I had about 20 minutes 

to get ready for the 2:30 PM yoga class. This was a 60 minute class. Had all the positions, but some were done twice and we skipped your wash up during several to shorten
the class. At this point I was starting 

to feel a little washed out but I put through and did OK except for the balancing as usual. I found out that I was 
concentrating pretty good. After class we had our foundations 

session and that was very good. He did hands on which one of us there was about six of us there, Mary, myself and Marion for other people. It was quite informative. I must say. After this foundations class was done I decided that I was going to 
go take a walk to the beach, that’s what I wanted to do. Mary was still recovering from her sore back but was feeling better. She decided it would be best not to do all that walking for this time only with another person I went with Inez because all the other people didn’t wait 
they just booked out of there that include Chris and his daughter, so 

we walked by ourselves. We almost took a wrong turn , thank God I had to Google maps that would’ve sucked if I missed the sunrise cause I walked down the wrong road. 
So we got there in plenty of time. Ran into Mark now. Marc is really healthy. He’s about 6 foot two or 6 foot three and has done 88 days or something like that if Yoga around me he’s very dedicated very good and he’s very funny.  He’s been here before. So after that

 we went swimming and then I caught the sunrise they called the golden hour. Sunset was again beautiful that went to the hotel, and I bought a Diet Coke with and got asked for their bar Costa Rican currency just souvenir. 

It was time to pick another quick shower, and go to dinner. Dinner was delicious and people hanging out longer because everybody seems that each other better and that was nice. After dinner, 
Mary and I hung out and listen to the wind how do some catching up. I’m hoping it at some point, I will get my pictures together and put them on social media just a matter of finding time. It was a good day. This is a great place. I’m so glad I’m not in Philly freezing my balls off. 

No comments: