Friday, November 19, 2010

Saturday in Berkley

Steely DanCover of Steely Dan
Good day America. I am now typing on my brother's Apple and listening to Steely Dan's Aja. All of us just came back from dinner at a restaurant and  getting ready to rest for the night.John and had breakfast at the bakery near his apartment and some coffee. After that we went to the club he belongs to  and hit the exercise room. He went to lift weights and I decided that going to the pool and sauna was more my speed. While my brother went to play tennis at a tournament he was competing, I met my sister who just flew in from San Diego at the BART train station.
We celebrated John's 50th
The Claremont Club and Hotel 
The view from the pool :)
  Instead of just getting the cab, we just took a leisurely walk and hit bookstores and 2 places to have a beer. We had a nice lunch as well. Again the weather was perfect. I mean it was California perfect weather that I can get really used to. Its a a habit that would be good for the mind that's for sure.Hey I forgot in yesterday's posting that I met a woman at the Oakland Airport who was on that ill-fated cruse ship that was adrift  near Mexico. She stated that it got dicey towards the end of the 4 days they were without power in the middle of the ocean.
Alice and I in Berkley Saturday
Chillin at the pool. Work is so far away
 She seemed pretty cool and that she kept her cool during this vacation from hell.  We later went to the Clairmont Hotel and had a fancy dinner for John's 50th B-Day.  Anyhow that is is it from now. I will put some sample photos as soon as I can. You can see them on my
Picasa photo album



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Liz Nicklus said...

I love the Oakland/Berkeley area. Visited many times when I lived in San Francisco back in the 70's. The weather is the best in the world.

Stuart said...

A nice travelogue! I watched them all.

(I even watched the old rally for sanity film that I had somehow missed).