Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Made it to Oakland

The Serra Nevada Mountains Nov 12 2010
5 AM at 30th Street Station
Hello world. I arrived in Oakland on time and feeling alright. I took the 408 Calvin bus and boy did I get some good laughs. It was like a comedy skit and reality show in one at times. I then got to the El and napped one stop too fare. I then walked an extra 4 blocks to my friend's house and got to sleep around Midnight. I got up at 4:30am caught the SEPTA Airport Line and caught the 8am Southwest Airlines flight to Denver.  It arrived 30 minutes early. I then chilled out with a sausage McMuffin. I then got the connecting flight from Denver to Oakland.  Boy each plane was PACKED! The flight to Oakland I was in the C section which in English means I was in the back of the plane with the babies and the young kids. Most were OK but the little brat behind me kept being sassy with his mother. I did want to stare at him but I went to sleep instead and got to see the Rockies and the Sierra Nevada mountains. They were more impressive for sure from 28,000 feet up.
I want another degree.
I landed in Oakland and my brother John picked me up at 2pm and we visited  Oaksterdam University which is very close where my brother works. This school was featured in Business Week magazine article about California's Prop 19 which would have legalized small amounts of marijuana. It was a trip seeing this place and it had nice HVAC system it seemed. The folks were nice. There was a weekend seminar and 100 folks signed up for it at $250 a pop. I went to the store that sells t-shirts and other college stuff. Its right now 4pm or so. I am now in my brothers office at Envision Schools in Oakland California. Well, we are getting a cold one at a bar in walking distance of his office. The weather out is perfect a sports coat is all I need.
This was posted in a men's room at the Denver Airport
Well, its 9:30 and we checked out a few places.
I plan to listen to my brother's Steely Dan Collection and other stuff he has. I am awake and well, he is asleep. All in all a good first good day in Oakland and Berkley California.  Alice will be coming in tomorrow and that should be fun as well. I already have a souvenir to bring home and that is cool. Well going to start a Picasa Album of this trip that can be checked out for other photos.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: