Monday, October 18, 2010

Working for Re-Store

Takin a break
Today I had the opportunity to make a little money by working in North Philly for a company called Re-Store. They are a store that collects old
Removing Bathroom Tile
items from old houses and apartments and resells them to other homeowners. I worked on removing bathroom tile. Man, that stuff is TOUGH to remove without breaking. I also removed doors and doorknobs and carried them down the steps. The building was pretty beat up on the inside.
The Merge of Rt 55 & Rt 42
The Apt Complex
There were 10 of there. I was 5 min late due to the horrable traffac on Route 42. Anyway, the apartment building that we removed stuff will be renovated by Project Home which has a good reputation in the city of Philadelphia. Its on Vernango Street near 22nd Street. Most of the folks were very handy. I held my own. Most will work till Wednesday. As for me, I will going back to work at DPW and getting my pay from Re-Store. Right now the letter A on the keyboard is acting up and very loose. Not sure how to fix it. Next I will report on Dottie's Walk, the last one till Spring since its getting darker very quickly. Tomorrow night is the City Commission meeting and one of the topics will be the Weed and Seed Program. It has been attacked by the Millville First. I hope to make it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: