Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Day 2010: Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Today was quite warm for sure. I had stayed up late last night so I slept in till almost 11. Oh my..Read the Sunday paper and did a few things around the house. Saw folks and talked  about the state of the Arts District during  a recession and the future opening of the Levoy next May or June. The director of the  RRCA may resign soon, there seems to be a search for a replacement when her contract ends. Of course the MDC and the politics of that came up.   After that we walked our pups and went
to Bogarts books to chill.  I got a lucky break when the dentist office called and told me they had an opening at 3pm. I went and it was ok but the best part is that I do not have to arrive at work 3 hours late to work on Wednesday. I do plan to take off the week of  Veterans Day to do stuff and take a break. This weekend weather was just about perfect for any activity. Dog Walking, political gossip, having a beer, watching the Phillies and Eagles and watching Masterpiece Theatre.
Blogging at the Collingswood Library
 I am now in Collingswood NJ. I am killing time at the Collingwood Public Library. A friend of mine who I was talking to suggested I hit the
library and go on the computer. I just happened to be parked right near it and as a "visitor" I have 1 hour to stay on this computer. I am now down to 25 minutes and it is now 6:14pm. Collingswood sure looks nice on an Indian Summer Day, that's for sure.
I am browsing the Millville News and see on Friday Oct 8 Michelle Post sent in a Jeer to the City of Millville for attempting a SLAPP suit and a cheer to the judge who dismissed it.  Not being privy to the the decision to dismiss the Trackracket suit against the city, I can not say for sure she is correct in her assessment. Her accusation is serious since it implies that the City of Millville purposely was stifling dissent. That I am not in favor of. I wonder if the judge called it as such? If the judge did not then her charges are political hyperbole. If the judge did thent its the same political hardball that did in Jane Geletto back in 2005 and 2006 when I first moved here.
Oh I must comment on the LATEST political smear job by Big Lou and his minions!! Last  Thursday when Jane Jannerone asked GOP head Bob Greco to resign because of domestic violence charges that recently came to light through anonymous mailing she said it has nothing to do with the upcoming freeholder election. WHAT?? Is she WHACK??? She must think I (we) are numskulls and buffoons like her. Come on! How do you expect anyone to want to be involved in Cumberland County politics when you attack someone on their personal lives. Its even worse since it the Democrats are doing this bogus stunt. We all KNOW its Lou pulling the apron strings with Ms. Jannerone. Come on Ms. Jannerone grow up and stop being a puppet for Mr. Magazzu. I think the public deserves better then this. Jannerone fiddles while the county burns!I have 4 minutes left on this computer. I will will have to continue this when I get home AFTER I eat something. Its now 6:33pm
Its now 11:07 pm and the big story on Action News and Channel 10 news is that 6 boaters were found. Yup when you have this kind of news while the country is mired in high unemployment and ready to elect some right-wing bozos to powerful positions. Its little wonder that many folks listen to talk radio and the FOX news channel. The faux news is not FOX. Its really the local news broadcasts that titillate, tease and talk about nonsense for half of the broadcast and have the weather for the other 11 minutes. Its new capitalism. Give the people what they want

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Liz Nicklus said...

Mark - love you, but please do not spread rumors regarding the district and the RRCA. The director is NOT leaving. The RRCA received grant money in order to hire a person to do grant writing, development and be an assistant to the director. If the director does decide to leave sometime in the future, this person MAY take over the position.