Sunday, October 03, 2010

The Past...Week

Well, its been quite awhile since I was motivated to write. I just have not been in the mood since I am either buzy or just darn tired of stuff. Anyway a quick synopsis of the past 7 days. Here goes. Well, last Sunday nite we had dinner at the Waterfront Cafe in Cedarville. Its out of the way near the bay but we enjoyed sitting outside and the weather was quite nice for sure. You can see that in the above video.
Well, Monday came around and with it came the first of many rainy days this week had in store for us. It was pouring outside when that 4:15am alarm came on and it pretty much stopped by the time I was running for the 5:47am Route 408 bus.
We had lots of traffic at the end of Route 55 and Route 42. It was good to be on the bus just sitting and watching the gaper delay instead of stressing about it behind the wheel.  Tuesday continued with the rain and it was a blah kind of day.
Wednesday the 29th was a much nicer day out with the normal traffic heading to work. as witnessed in the small video I made of the trip toward the Bridge Plaza in Camden. This is where I get off then catch another bus over the bridge. Due to the NJ Transit's fare structure, I do save real money doing that. A one-way fare from Well, the new computers do not have this legacy system and the web-based system took on many more users. In my opinion they should have seen this coming and created more space with newer and/or more servers to take the extra traffic.
I am pretty sure that is the problem since the system ran find at 8:15am on Sept 29th but by 9:04am it was already slowing down. Lunchtime and after 4pm were good times to get some work done for those end of the month deadlines. The video shows what I had to wait for each time I made a transaction. It was very frustrating for sure but since I did come in early and worked hard, I got most of what I wanted to get done...done.. YEA Get R Done..
Weds Sept 29 7:18am
Well,Thursday morning after finishing with NJ Transit, I waited for the Market-Frankford El at 8th Street for the Westbound train to 56th Street to work. Well, I had the fun of following a tiny mouse scurrying
around the station. There was no SEPTA employee at the little ticket booth to report it to (7:45am too early for some eh??) , so I filmed the little critter for fun (wheeee..!1). Yes, it did pass the time I must say but I lost my appetite for a bit. The rain also made its return on Thursday as well. The Brooklawn circle was flooded once again and the bus had to drive 12 MPH to follow the jammed traffic though the river
At Crown Chicken. Camden NJ
It's times like these that make me want to just retire. It makes me cringe to think that I have a MINIMUM of 11 years of this kind of stuff. Its closer to 20 years in this economic  and political climate where public employees should be thankful we have our Jobs and have ANY benefits ...Sigh..........................................................
October 1st came around and Friday was a pretty productive day at the wakka despite the ongoing computer problems that continue to plague our office and others all over the Commonwealth of Pa. I decided to not to go to Pat's and pick up 5 bucks and head straight home and catch the bus so I get home at 8pm instead of the 9pm that I usually get home. I made it to Camden in record time and decided to hit the Crown Chicken and had their cheap $1.50 Mac and cheeze. Man it was not all that great but I was not hungry after that. I did not get sick either! When I got home, I saw my neighbor who was moving with her husband and child to a different Apt in Millville. They were nice folk but it was time for them to find a new place to live.
I probably will not see them much if ever again even though they are maybe 2 miles from my house. Times have changed and its now harder to get to know neighbors and new folks in general with my schedule and the times and situations in late 2010. Oh well, like they say, life is change. Right??
At least Bogarts Books & Music is still a fun  place in Millville. On the way to getting a cold 6 pack, I saw folks having a nice time
This week the City of Millville found out it can not have TrackRacket pay for its legal fees. Yup, just break out the lawyers. That is ALWAYS the positive thing to do. Well, that was the week it was. Feel free to comment on the layout or the content.

No comments: