Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday: RAIN and the Week to Be

This past weekend I went to my step-daughter's house and helped with some painting and moving a few things. I saw they are having a new garage built and right now its in mid-construction. It looks like a mortar landed right next to their house and there is quite the large hole to fix!! for sure. I can not wait to see what it will look like and believe me I will have the photos and video for all to see.
Well, I am going to be processing (LIHEAP) applications instead of my CDU stuff. This ought to be something different. Caseworkers are being asked to do this since the program appl. deadline was shortened to Dec 31 instead of Feb like other years..
This Tuesday the Millville City Commission will be voting on a real estate tax increase of 9c for each$100 of assessed value. Most of the increase stems from health care costs. A close source states the commission will bring the tax increase down to 8 cents. There will be no layoffs of city employees. The Frozen UEZ funds cast a long shadow over the proceedings and may put the MDC out of business. Umm.. Maybe the Millville Merchants Association can pick up some of the slack. Just a suggestion.
Maybe I can become a Paperback Writer!! What!!! you ask?? Good question. I am inspired by Carl Johnson book on his art and now he plans to publish a book on his newspaper INFERNO. A Route 55 book.....umm We shall see if the economy is in better shape and get feedback.
Boy it sure did RAIN today. I mean its the 2Nd rainstorm this December 2009 and it was blowing sideways at one point. Well, no use to complain about the rain.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Thats quite some mud pile. (I'm talking about the house, not the Millville City Commission, of course.)

mkrull said...

Yup and its $20K too to boot.