Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Aftermath of the Blizzard

Yesterday, I took the bus from Millville to Philly. Well, it was apparent that Cumberland County does have the ability to really handle a substantial snow. It was really bad in Vineland on Main Road, Landis Ave and Delsea Drive (rt47). The bus driver described aptly as like riding a STAGECOACH! If I were living in Vineland , I would be embarrassed!! Millville did a better job for sure. I could see the road surface on High Street. My friend said that no one could park on High due to the mounds. Check out the video of the bus rumbling on Landis Ave at 7pm yesterday
My friend just wondered what our taxes are paying for. I mean, Philly has issues with $$ but they treated the roads BEFORE the storm. They use a brine mixture to prep the roads. I guess this treatment of the roads has not reached the great minds of this county.
Anyhow I did make to to work and Philly roads were already a slushy grey mess but they were passable for sure. My desk is a mess but it was quiet since nobody showed up for there welfare apts. Folks go to do other work instead. On the way back on the subway, I get to hear this busker play guiter. Neil Young was playing and it was pretty cool

No comments: