Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Monday the 5th.

It was a fine Monday. I got to work early and got some things done I had ignored for months. I wished I had been able to attend Dottie's walk tonite but it starting at 5:30 makes it tough to make it on time with the NJ Transit schedule. You can see the Route 408 schedule online and see for yourself. Speaking of NJ Transit, transportation advocate MorningCloud Jones is taking the agency to court for not having hearings here in Cumberland County. Good for her especially since they plan to raise fare 25% IN ONE YEAR!
The Millville Board of Education is now looking for a new Superintendent since Shelly Schneider announced she was retiring. They are having a special meeting later today April 6th. As Board President Bill Herman said:
"It's all confidential at this point, that's why we're going into closed session," he said. "At this time, we have no further information to give."
They do plan to announce the decision at their April 26 or May 3rd Meeting. I suppose I should try to get outta the welfare office early and record the proceedings. I notice that most decisions are made in private which is legally correct from my experience. I just am not sure it serves the public to be so secretive. I hope our local free press can shed more light. If I did not have to work, I would be there more often myself. They should try to choose someone who will have a commitment to serve Millville and not just use the position to pad his/her pension and leave after 5 years!!
On the bus today, there were nice young couple riding together to Camden via the 408.

The Phillies beat the Washington Nationals 11-1. This is a mighty fine start to the season. President Obama threw out the first pitch.
Philadelphia is getting ready to treat possession of an ounce or less as a summery offense instead of a misdemeanor as it is now. It turns out that the jails are filled with folks who were caught with small amounts of pot. Good move I say. Make room for the hardened crooks and big-time drug dealers!
Well, the midnight hour is approaching now hope its a peaceful night unlike early Sunday morning on this video.

No comments: