Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sony Cybershot Cameras

I went to Best Buy to buy a new digital camera. I had a Sony Cybershot at 7.2 Mega Pixels and a month ago around November 1st I misplaced it. I fully expected it to show up after getting our home back in order. Well, the camera was still MIA. I found a Sony Cybershot 10 Mega Pixels. It was black and very trim. The photos were very good and I was happy with the good deal I had for a nice little camera. Here is a movie I shot to test the movie mode.

the sound quality on movie mode was terrible!! Did you listen to that movie above?? It sounds muffled. How could I have gone to meetings, events at Bogarts etc with sound that horrible?? When I went back to Best Buy to return for an exchange, the customer service rep took it back for the "Geek Squad" to check it out. I think they understood what I meant about the crappy sound. I bet they are all like that in that model. Now check out the camera I got instead, the Cybershot W-220 that is pink.

Well, the sound is ALOT better on the 2nd video. Its a MPEG file instead of an AVI file. It also fits the ENTIRE screen in Windows Media player. Was it because it produced AVI files which is an older format. I did check on the web and the articles were a bit to technical to get a straight answer. Compare the quality yourself.
Now off to record the goings on in and around Millville

No comments: