Sunday, November 22, 2009

Windows to the Future

Friday, I drove to work since I was in search of old discarded windows that were advertised on Freecycle on the web. I went to Overbrook at the 6400 block of Sherwood Road and could not find the windows. Carolyne told me over the phone that there were windows at 41st and Baltimore Ave. There were at least 40 of the them of all different sizes. I took as many as possible brought it home. I enjoyed Third Friday and will write about that later
Carolyne thought of the idea of using them instead of plastic. The plastic was a pain to install and we could not see though it. It tended to be blown and tear in the winter wind. I then took each of the windows and fit them over the screens. Then, next I drilled screws to hold them up. Today I then painted the windows a pink Next week, will get plexiglass for the screen dow and some clear plastic to fill in gaps. Meanwhile its another week of the welfare.

No comments: