Sunday, November 22, 2009

3rd Friday November 20 2009

3rd Friday came around this month. I was looking forward to getting home by 6-6:30 since I was driving to work instead of taking the 408 bus. I was driving to pick up used windows. . Went to Carl's book signing of his new book called Bar Exam at Bogarts Books. It was a festive event. Saw folks I used to see all the time who I have not seen in quite some time. I visited Isabelle and was told of a fun event at the Rainbow Lounge. It was here I was told of the latest Millville political goings on by another friend of mine. Of course the local papers did not cover them in deference to their boy Lou Magazzu who now with a win in this past election will I suppose, cash in and consolidate his hold on Cumberland County politics with deals and rewards for those who do his bidding. I am just fustrated that this kind of politics is coming closer to being the rule of the land in Millville, Vinland and Bridgeton. This will be investigated further in the future
Meanwhile, in more mundane news, Millville will be raising its real estate tax up by 9 cents per $100 assessed. The cost of health benefits will make up over 5 cents of the 9 cents. The Levoy Theatre renovation has begun! Great news it is for sure. I do hear that the political macinations are far from over. Well, its 6:19pm and I am having an early dinner.

No comments: