Friday, December 07, 2012

Work It Cause Your Worth It: 12-6-2012

Dean 7am
Lots of Calls
 Thursday December 6th was a funky old day. You know like a day in my 50's. It was really an ok day, not bad at all. I went to meeting which was pretty deep. I next went to work with a raging headache and sore throt. Some Advil worked well with that and the lozenges worked pretty good too.
At work the first thing I noticed was the phones. They were the new one's. The new phone system posts messages on the email as .WAV files and it shows the phone number that the call was taken from. by 2:30 I had 15 messages and 29 calls. Another day at the office. 25 years of this got me burnt!
At Belmont and Westminster Aves.
I was Taking the 64 bus to Belmont and Westminster. This photo shows me at 8:30 waiting for the 43 which to Fairmont where my Dr apt is. This bus according to Google maps should be here in 4 min. Behind me is a bar called El Torro. The sign says "Open Sunday." I posted just now. I have a psych apt at 9:30. It's real cold. Gonna walk to a pizza place to snack before telling the Dr that I have sought a 2nd opinion on my meds. I am a bit tense about it


The Office and Waiting Area
Going to Work
He acknowledged that I might have ADHD At the beginning of our session, the Dr was very irritated that I was seeing 2 psychiatrists at once. He was going to "discharge" me. I told him I JUST saw the new Dr. YESTERDAY and he did not prescribe any meds he just had suggested meds. He made a crack that I "was a big boy" and that I can not tell I have ADHD till I was sober for over 6 months. I corrected him stating I am one week short of 9 months sober. That seemed to mellow him out after he stated that I cant have stimulant due to my alcohol abuse. I said that I KNEW that fact already. He asked me some questions that the other doc had given me. He decided to start me on Welbutrin and ween me off the Zoloft. Zoloft was making my libido a bit slack and well you can figure that out. At this time I am going to stick with Dr. Cohen, now that we had our frank session.  I  got back from Dr. C's office at 11:45pm. After a somewhat combative session. It was the first time that he and I got that way but it was for the best I think.
So all in a day's work. One day at a time. Check this out, I have served with the state for 25 years as of this month. Wes was still at Penn and Stuart was married 2 months. Shit what a long strange trip its been. I can see it is for the best since things do change if if we do not wan them to.
Pete's Pizza
My roommate is AWOL. He had to go to court so I have to wonder if they locked him up. Maybe he is doing Karaoke and singing show tunes. Oh well, my heat is crackin and I am a blogging and drinking iced tea. Staying home Friday and Saturday and  going to NYC on Sunday. Plan to take off next Friday for dentest apt and other stuff.


No comments: