Monday, December 03, 2012

The Begnning of the Last Month!

While I was at at work last Friday I got the old. "your your own worst enemy " talk from Chuck.
Clerical said at a Sups meeting that I am the worst in making clients wait to be seen. Also I was accused of sarcasm.
 It was time for weekend to get started and leave the work stuff where it belongs at WORK! It will be there when Monday comes!
5:42Pm 11-30-12

Cooking with Dean Sat Dec 1st
21 to 30th St 12-1

Yum at HoJos
I cashed my paper (yes that is correct) check and I just noticed that I JUST made 25 years of service when I looked at my pay stub. I want THAT DPW pin!! LOL. I bet that was cut from the budget! That might explain things.
I spent Friday night doing errands, then I went to Priceline.com to get the HoJos and the Hertz for Saturday and went to bed.
Perryville Md Toll 12-2
Coming Back Home 1 PM Dec 2nd
Saturday, Dean made breakfast and we just hung out and farted around and ate quite well. I then took some leftovers for the drive to Md starting at 1pm. I got to Pikesville about 3pm after a smooth ride in a car with Sirius/XM Satellite Rado. I listened to the early 80's New Wave stuff mostly with some "classic vinyl". When I got to the HoJos, I just chowed down on the homemade food I had packed from Dean's cooking. I then proceeded to take a nap for about 30 min. We just chilled out for awhile since the week had taken a toll. It was cool just chill out for awhile and then just go back to sleep. I then woke up early Sunday and took a nice warm bath.  Boy, that worked quite well for my back and neck for sure.
My sponsor said I need to take a break and listen to music. I got my earphones on the ready.
Sunday Dec 2nd. I drove in the fog of Maryland thick at the the mouth of the Susquehanna River near Perryville and Port Deposit. Man that fog was foggy! No traffic mishaps to report thank goodness. After I parked the rental, I went to pick up the TONS of laundry that was waiting for me. I then blogged a bit and went to visit a friend. We made a fire and caught up with each other about what the latest in recovery, work and play.

I am fighting a cold. I guess it's God's hint that I need to slow down. Ya think???
Today I did follow that advice and when some more B.S floated my way, I just floated away with my phone and got some some iced tea, my favorate Arnold Palmer Iced Tea.

Nice Touch from Dean!
Another View :)
I was crusin pretty good but I had 4 or 5 people and lost some of that feeling. I finished work and took the bus home where I was greeted with a EXTRA delicious dinner with all the fixins. The kitchen looked great and I just chowed down to the MAX! After dinner I went to  another meeting as planned at the church basement. It was pretty good with the mix of young old and all in between. Afterwards, I had a nice talk with some nice woman I know from the meeting. We just talked about Al-Anon Sunday's at Noon in Fairmount and other stuff of meetings and relationships. Glad we are friends. I can always learn from a friend
Well, it goes without saying that "Love is like oxygen. You get too much you get too high, not enough you gonna die!" That is my favorite song by Sweet. I see 2 Psych this week. This ought to be interesting for sure. God it was good to see the old friends from 20 years ago. It was a flashback last week. We have the fiscal cliff talks going on. Will Obama stick to his guns and get tax increases for the top 2% or will he let the Republicans steamroller him?? Who won the election? Will the payroll tax go up? Will I have a new roommate in the Summer? How long will it take to download my files to the be saved in the "Cloud" via CrashPlan. It may take till the end of the week. Who knows? Not we Agnostics!! We have to stick to the program man!
 Well, time to get ready for cleaning up the dishes and sleeping

No comments: