Monday, October 03, 2011

TrackRacket Lawsuit

Time is Money$$$
I got up this morning and decided to check some blogs of note. Well, I see that Robert Owens commented about the settlement of the TrackRacket lawsuit. This settlement happens back in July but it was kept hush-hush by the Motorsports Park and TrackRacket. It was kept so well that none of my sources could tell me what the terms were. They did hint that the lawyers made a bundle and lo and behold they were correct, they made 81,000 from the deal.
I would agree with Mr. Owens that 2 years of litigation and they come up with a "Noise Committee". I also think the only reason the park agreed to any of this stuff is due to the bankruptcy. I suppose that the TrackRacket claim that the Motorsports Park reduced home values fell flat on its face. Most of us have seen our home values plunge due to the great recession caused by the big banks.
I would state settling this lawsuit is good for everyone and now folks can act constructively and the track can get its act together and become the economic beacon it was advertised to be. I am glad that cooler heads prevailed. I guess the crying at public meetings will end as well:)

No comments: