Friday, October 28, 2011

California October 13 to 27th

Leaving Philly
Overnight in Chicago
What a View!
 I  decided that I needed to take a break from my reality and called my sister who quickly invited me out to San Diego. She paid for the flight and on Thursday October 13th  went to work,  got my time off and took a Souithwest Airlines flight that had a layover in Chicago. After a long drawnout flight,  where I missed my connecting flight due to my plane from Philly being 3 hours late, I finally arrived in San Diego to see my sister and her kids. Been lying low and trying to relax at this time. I got to see La Jolla where she used to live many years ago before she had children and to Hillside, the funky part of San Diego.I sometime have picked up the kids at their High School. Its a pretty nice looking place all clean and modern. The funny thing is they have no cafeteria. The mod planners of the 70's decided since it does not rain too much here in San Diego, that the kids do not need to sit and eat inside.
One thing I notice out here is the the BIG roads and freeways everywhere. I can see if you have no car, you are pretty much outta luck.
Sat October 15
Funky Part of Downtown!
I am going to be out here for awhile and work on some matters and help out my sister when I can.  Here are some photos of the experience. You gotta love Vegas where you can shoot a machinegun!! Oh BOY!! This advertisement was at the Las Vagas airport. The wearther is very nice as everyone knows but it actually gets COLD at night. I was a bit surprised at that. Good thing I did manage to pack a sweater cause its been helpful the past 2 nights.
Well, got to go for now. Be back in Philly sometime around Thanksgiving . I have plenty to be thankful for.

No comments: