Monday, March 07, 2011

Hiatus: First Week of March 2011

My Security Outfit March 3rd 2011
The Curtis Building: Was to be My Assignment
Well, Its been almost a week since I last posted. I had  a buzy week looking for part-time work. I went to orientation with this company called Securitas on Wednesday. It was all day and I got my suit and my assignment. I went to the the assignment at the Curtis Building at 6th and Chestnut on Friday and Saturday nights   On Friday I decided to resign from this job as an overnight security during each weekend. Even I realized that this was going to be too much and I returned my suit back to Securitas at the Navy Yard and I am now looking on Craig's list at this time.
On Thursday night I had a Zoning Board meeting. We spent over an hour debating whether Community Health Care on High Street would be granted a variance to build a large digital messaging sign.  More on that mess is on  a separate posting.
I got an iPhone and have been spending lots of time with that. Boy you can Facebook your face off for sure and kill 2 hours on the bus with no problem. Its a pretty cool phone for sure. I got all these contacts from an old email and I tried to go to the apple Store to get them off but no success as of yet. I might try to go today or tomorrow in downtown Philly to get this done.
 While I was at the Apple Store, I saw some urban youth running amuck and then the police came by.

We then spent time at a friends house for a yummy dinner. Boy that was needed for sure. Fred cooks the best meals that is for sure.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Hey, my Mom and Dad used to work at the Curtis Publishing Company back in the day! This was just after they were married.

Also, I don't think of you as the security guard type! So probably a good idea to resign from that.

Remember when I rode in your cab for a day? That was fun times!

Unknown said...

Hey, you are right, maybe try something else. Boy, I do remember the ride in the Narberth Cab. What jalopy's they were. They were bad Chrysler cars with NO AC. They were some good fun times.