Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24th and Beyond

Art West Philly Style!!
Anthony at Bridge Plaza
Hello. Been a buzy week in the world. We all know about Libya and Japan but do we really know? These big questions can wait for now. Yesterday morning I took the bus for the first time in several work days. Starting in April, the Pittman express bus will stop at the Walter Rand Transportation Center AND Bridge Plaza. Now, Bridge Plaza is no South Beach.Its in Camden NJ and its a slab of concrete right next to the Ben Franklin Bridge. There is this UGLY high rise building right near where the Route 408 bus stops. My friend Anthony and I joke about how wonderful this place is and how we can make money. We have this idea that riffs off of Bruce Springstein's "Greetings from Asbury Park". It's Greetings from Bridge Plaza.
Another Co-Worker Retires
/Testing Mike's Bike Last Night
Got a Kid Outta Wedlock??
Well, I believe there will be activity at the Levoy site and thing are going to move ahead. The local Democratic Party is working to get back to being a party of its members not just of a certain over-sized ego we have all grown tired of hearing about. This will be good and it would be nice to be able to again support the local Democrats. There is good news on that front which will bear its self out. I took the El to work from Pat's  and saw a poster from a man who can help absent father's with their child support obligations.  He has an MS. I called him and asked him "Excuse me sir what is your MS in? Are these one hour sessions?". Yup he is charging $30 bucks for an initial consult but it will go up to $50 bucks starting April 1st. What a salesman.
Last nite, I was at Pats house. Him and Mike were working on Mike's motorcycle then we watched "Due Date"  that had Robert Downey Jr. It was light entertainment.
This Kid Can Play the Blues!!
I was pretty tired from interviewing 14 people today at the welfare office then slamming my thiegh when trying to catch the PATCO train on time. Whatever I hit really hurt for about 10 minutes. Once on the 408, I just wanted to sleep and I did. I got a text from a dude I have seen in awhile. He was a friend of Big Don and we used to meet up for beer once in awhile but it had been months. I met him at the Oar House and we caught up. There was this kid playing at the Oar House open mike who was like 9 years old who could play that blue guiter. Wish I had my regular camera so I could have video's. It was a fun night better then the jammed packed scene on a Friday or Saturday night. This was chillin.
Well, its a cold Spring night and I got to get to work tomorrow morning.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: