Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Waning Summer 2009

It's been awhile since I last said anything here. Believe it or not, sometimes I am not in the mood. Life has been a bit strange. The weather for instance turned from hot and muggy to crisp cool Fall in a day last week. The welfare office could be a sitcom you know. I mean, they made a show about goofy Nazis in Hogan's Hero's so anything is possible. I mean if I have to hear WDAS (glorified Top 40 pop station) play that crooner Maxwell sing about "Pretty Wings" again, I will have to take a long road trip and take a few days off in Kentucky..darn it

Today was a cure for my disinterest. I had an interesting day. I had jury duty at 12:30pm so I just slept in today till 9:30 and it felt pretty good.
I have been waking up at 5am to take the bus to philly to save some $$ etc. I was there ONLY 2 hours, I was chosen to sit in seat number 1 where 3 others had been excused from the jury. I said my occupation, where I lived, and told them of Carolyne's being a yoga instructor and running the Fithian House Gallery. I did mention that I served in a jury 2x one being a murder trial. The defense attorney booted me off and I was pleased.
I got my hair cut talked with Jim Penlin for a bit about the woman who painted the mural at the Levoy theatre. We looked up info on Paduicah We are planning to take a Labor Day road trip Sat, Sun and Monday. I love road trips. Check this out
It should make for an interesting weekend no matter what transpires in these waning days of Summer 2009.




No comments: