Friday, September 18, 2009

What This Freeholder Race is all about

This was taken from www.magazzuwatch.com and it should be read.
Jane Christy says it all.
Please help out the Independent Candidates win in November!!!!
September 18, 2009
On Friday, Sept. 11, I was told that one of my county freeholder campaign opponents has threatened to “bury” me. When someone in the funeral business hears a threat like that, it can mean only one thing, and, believe me, it is not taken lightly.
Remembering 9/ll last Friday, and what happened when the terrorists attacked the United States, gave me a solemn, almost numbing feeling.
People are vulnerable in ways other than attacks to human life — economic downturns, natural disasters, accidents, illnesses, unemployment and cuts in benefits, and mortgage foreclosures are a few. Loses can threaten and affect us in many ways.
The threat to me was that someone said he wanted to bury me. What should I do after hearing something like that?
I’m not the only one who has been threatened by this same individual candidate. In fact, this is the second time he has threatened me. The first time was during a public freeholder meeting when I was told he would destroy our family business, the Christy Funeral Home.
Others,who have gone up against this freeholder candidate, or have gotten in his way, or who have written negative articles about him have become victims and been told he would cause them to either lose their homes, their jobs, and/or their businesses. There have been several.
It’s critical for the voters of Cumberland County to realize the awful vindictive and vicious management style of government that is taking place here.
It is frightening to think that an individual like this could have anything to do with Cumberland County government. This particular candidate is mean-spirited and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal, which is complete control. His arrogance goes beyond measure.
Like all people of his kind, he can threaten to crush us, but he cannot destroy our value. Nothing that happens can diminish our worth. The funeral business has taught me that when family and friends say their last goodbyes, they know the value of the departed lives on. It has to do with love, which is God’s greatest gift. Our love for the deceased lives on and never dies. We merely have to look to Gandhi, Dr. Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, and other noted, worthy people of history to know this is true.
I’m asking my friends to vote this most disruptive person out of office on Tuesday, Nov. 3. I’d like to be around to watch it happen.
jane Y. ChristyIndependent Leader Candidate for FreeholderMillville

No comments: