Monday, September 21, 2009

September 20th: A real weekend day :)


Well, yesterday Sunday Sept 20th was quite the busy day. I started off the cool sunny day playing 3 hr of tennis at 8am. After that I was invited by Jan Geletto of the Citizens United to take photos and videotape putting up an Osprey Nest Stand in the Maurice River near the city-built riverwalk. I went to her house to watch and take videos of the construction of this stand. Jane would narriate what was happening in a step-by-step precess. I then walked in the waist-high water to film the stand being raised and put into the bottom of the river. Man that bottom is quite mucky!
Next, I joined others at Bogarts with their monthly Poetry on High. I missed Carolyne reading a poem but I got Steve Testa and some others playing and reading their poems. Both men women and others were represented. We were then invited out to dinner at the Newport house in Newport NJ. The food was good but the waitresses had this habit of barging in and interrupted us when it was obvious we were engaged and did not need help.
Today I will miss a meeting and Dottie's walk since I can not get home by 6pm most days. Tomorrow I may go to a MDC awards event at 6pm and promote our gallery and socialize.


No comments: