Monday, October 20, 2008

Will Wireless Adapter Work


As you might know we changed the location of our bedroom AND my office. Guess what,the new office space has NO phone jack. I called Verizon at 8am and the earlistthat we will have the internet at our house is tomorrow between 5-9pm. Verizon. It tookme 20 min to go past that talking mechine worman and have someone help me. Ofcourse I could not get my voice mail coverage done witht the same phone call. Weconsidered switching to cable since there IS a cable line but I thoiught it would be easier to just stick with the Verizon DSL. Time will tell. What is better DSL or CABLE here in Cumberland County???NO INTERNET FOR 3 DAYS!!!Note this will be a topic of my next blog entry. I can do new blogs at work BUT I can notsee it since blogger.com is BLOCKED at work like YouTube.

I was given suggestions to get a wireless adapter

I don't think so... you do have wireless in your house, don't you? Just hook the wireless router to the DSL modem, and you are good to go. Now, yur computer might not have a wireless modem in it to receive, in which case you can get one for around $50 - $75 - my computer upstairs has one that just plugs into the USB port and is a little bigger than a Flash Drive.

I was given another suggistion:
Yes, but you will need a PCI or USB network adapter for the desktop.

Here was the last one:
"Sure, buy a wireless adapter for the desktop: www.newegg.com, search for "wirelessadapter"

I hope I am not up all night talking to Bangilore India to configure the thing

On a different subject, The newest INFORNO should be out by Thursday this week. I am sure all of you await tfor that!! There should be some surprises!!






No comments: