Thursday, May 22, 2008

Springtime for a Board Member



Well, Yesterday I was in training for work. This woman was instructing us Career Development Caseworkers to ask open ended questions about our client's lives so they would be more willing to attend the Earn Center. It was interesting since she was encouraging us not to use DPW jargon to motivate. There are to be big changes in our CDU procedures in June. After that I went past Parvin State Park to the Centerton Inn for a dinner for the Cumberland County School Board Assn. It was informative. The state is taking moves to emasculate local school boards. The news of a Superintendent taking a $740,000 severance package is an example some say that local school boards do not have control over spending.
Parvin State Park was beautiful. I had never been there. It is SO GREEN!! All this rainy cool weather is making this one of the greenest Springs I can remember. Carl's Artist get-together is tonite and I may here some interesting news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say, how can I get me one of those $740k severance packages?

ObstaPrincipiis said...

I dont understand, you approve the passing of the school budget yet you complain about this severance package, as if it is the only one. By approving the budget you approve of the benefits. This is $740K that is taken out of the education system for just one persons retirement. And next year I'm sure you will approve the cutting of another 30 teachers and numereous programs all in the name of the children. I presume "taxpayers beware" is at the bottom of a pile of papers for more important issues.