Sunday, October 25, 2009

Election 2009: Trick or Treat??

I did some errends yesterday and saw these kids dress up so funny and its not even Holloween. The Rite Aid can be a strange place weither its West Philly or Millville.
Anyhow I got a disturbing email this morning concerning a radio program with I believe 2 candidates running in this November's election. on 92.1 WVLT. They went on and on about how Man I wish I had heard THAT!! I really wish I did!!!
On Magazzuwatch a Mr. Calhoun made this statement that implied that Ms. VanEmbden said the following:
She was proud of being on Lou’s ticket and how those who were complaining (about Lou) were like little yippy dogs and were part of a very vocal minority.
I just got clairifcation on what Ms. Van Embden was referring to when she made this statement. She was referring to opponents of the racetrack and the Millville Arts District. Those opponents would be TrackRacket and Millville First, not those who disagree with Lou Magazzu. She being the only Millville Resident on the ticket was proud to live in Millville. I want to apoligize to Ms. VanEbden.Man the state of Cumberland County politics today.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps it's not my place to speak for others, but I do not believe TrackRacket is against the track. My understanding is that the group is against the noise that comes from the track. That's a huge difference. While I am not a member, that is definitely my position.

I would be surprised if Millville First stated it is against the arts district. Again, I am not a member, but my read is that the group is wary of city government funding specific items. That itself does not translate to being against the arts district.

Unknown said...

Perhaps it is not your place to speak for others...and yet you continually take the opportunity to do so.

Unknown said...

Would you care to cite examples?

Calhoun said...

I responded to Mark's protests more fully over at Magazzu Watch in the comments under the "More Dirt on Royal Printing." I again fail to understand why Mark feels it's not ok for a candidate to respond to some (such as himself) of Lou's critics as yippy dogs, but is OK to characterize other Lou critics as such, including those who raise concerns about the noise from the racetrack. As Robert pointed out, it is also unforunate that Mark chose to paint certain groups that raise specific concerns (e.g., noise) as opponents of something larger (e.g.,the racetrack itsef). That is not taking things out of context; that is simply being inaccurate. Wasn't it also inaccurate of biggassbass at MWatch to say that TrackRacket "went after" Nelson Thompson after the freeholder forum when Robert -- not a TR member -- simply interviewed Nelson Thompson afterwards? Did others go after Nelson I don't know about? I invite others to read the posts I have made at MWatch and decide for themselves how I have contributed to "the state of Cumberland County politics today."