Saturday, January 03, 2009

Senseless Death

This was sent by an old friend of mine I have known since grade school. Its so sad

From:
Stuart
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:15 PM
To: Peter >; Steve Mark Wes
Subject: sad news about Lesley

I am sorry to tell you that my sister was killed on new year's eve by her neighbor in Asheville, NC, who also killed his ex wife and a woman renting a room from him. Then he shot himself later, surrounded by police in his cousin's trailer. It is a plot straight out of a Lifetime TV movie. Anyway, Helen and my Mom and I are driving down right now to check out her house and bring a few things back. We haven't figured out anything beyond that but there is no rush.

Stu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. You, and your friends family will be in my prayers.

Stuart said...

Thanks for posting Mark.

Anonymous said...

Stuart,

I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I feel. I was literally breathless after I read the post and checked the web for it. I remember Lesley fondly as your cute "little sister" and never in a million years thought anything would happen to her. It has been almost 28 years, so I know a lot of other things have happened, but I remember her as one of the nicest people I ever met; and I can't imagine how your Mom is taking this.

If you want to talk, phone or otherwise, I would welcome you, and look forward to hearing from you.

I am thinking of you and your Mom. I didn't realize that she had moved to Annapolis, I have some relatives there as well.

Please let me know, I want to "be there for you".

Sincerely,

Tom

tom.w.stevens@gmail.com