Friday, September 19, 2008

Sitar Bob Writes of the Noise of the Racetrack

Hey All,
I concur... the Grand Am event was the loudest one yet. None of it has really bothered me all that much but that was loud!!! I am, at times, (eh...hem) a late sleeper but it has not really interfered with my beauty rest so far. Lord knows I need it!!!
Cedar St. traffic is much closer to my house and louder. The racetrack noise is more constant but usually like hearing alot of traffic out on Buckshutem Road to me. I think I have more woods between me and the track than some folks even west of Buckshutem. It seems louder at my friend's house on Porreca Drive to me than at my house near the intersection. If I had a smelly horse farm there, I might have to sell it cheap and move to another town far, FAR away!!! (Hint, hint.)
I try to think of it as the sound of people having fun!!! Like music, if it is a sound you enjoy, you can tolerate it much louder. (Remember all of those Iron Butterfly concerts??? Me neither!!!) If it is sound you don't enjoy, it is extremely annoying. (Wives and preachers take note!!!)
I was against the racetrack initially because of enviromental, noise and dust pollution reasons. I have come to embrace the racetrack as it is now a reality. I usually hate to hear car races on TV but I watched the race they broadcast from the park and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I do feel for the people who are getting more noise than I am. It is
probably JUST tolerable for me. However, the airshow is much worse... like living in a war zone from the time they start flying in and practicing on Wed. to the Monday after when they start flying home. I have had my home strafed by warplanes directly overhead for hours on end and for days at a time. Now THAT'S stressful!!! Read my INFERNO story about it. Made me most unpopular with those who didn't get the humor!!! Carl... cc: that to everyone stat!!!)
Hopefully more buffers will be implemented and perhaps officials can take a second look at whether we should have open wheeled racing. Other than that, hope that racetrack folks will want to buy homes in the area near the track!!! Perhaps there is a way to market the homes of those who want to sell to those racing enthusiasts who would like a home near the track. (Realtors.... are you listening to the genius dribbling out of me like tapioca from Grandpa's mouth???)
It could be worse. It could be an open air Hip-hop concert venue! Or worse yet, country and western!!! Yee-Hah!!!
Think of the sound of the racetrack like prison sex - Once you except it's inevitability, you might just as well loosen up and try to enjoy it!!!
;-)

sitarbob

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sit (as in lazy) tar Bob won't be around long once the free money drys up.

Unknown said...

Why the negative comment? Did Bob anger you??

Anonymous said...

Why the negative comment from Bob? Did the horse farmer anger him? Or does he realize that the free money is drying up and soon he'll have to work (just doesn't fit in with "sit" tar Bob}, or he'll have to move on like he has sooooo many times before. Maybe he can change his name from "sit-tar" to gipsy or tumbleweed. It's nice to see that our Commissioner's have finally realized that it's a lost cause. Let's put more into the track so that it will succeed. Sav-A-Lot will also be an improvement to High Street. A business that actually sells a product and is open more than it is closed.

Anonymous said...

Free money??? What free money??? I didn't get any free money!!! What I do I do with my own money because it's what I want to do. I don't charge admission and I don't sell anything.

My private rehearsal studio is open to the public when I have a show or event to put on. I never got a grant or a loan, either. However, if you have free money to give, I'm a-taking!!!

Gypsy??? Tumbleweed??? Huh??? I am from Millville. I had moved away for a while because of my last job but I am glad to be back home amongst family, friends, artists and musicians and the good people of Millville like you, Anonymous!!!

BTW, I am retired. Google that word and you will find that means you don't go to your old job anymore.

I guess, Anonymous, you haven't been to a Third Friday or to the Arts, Antiques and Music Festival that was a HUGE success. I know... you were probably home sulking and being grumpy. That's okay... there is no light without darkness.

I love the smelly horse farmer!!! Gotta love a guy who sells out his own city and helps run the downtown into the ground by turning it into a Section 8 ghetto while he lives on the outskirts of town and enjoys a big fat tax break by calling his home a "farm".... And then tries to find fault with everything he can with what the current administration (and the belated Commisioner Hollingshead) did... turned High St. and the city around and made it a place that people want to come to.

We have great block parties and Third Fridays, an Arts District and a Motorsports park. Things that attract people from other towns to Millville. Horse farmer is the one who lines his pockets with free government money. Gotta love that!!! I must learn from him!!!

Unknown said...

Bob
Nice response to Mr. Grumpy. I guess he has nothing better to do but go on a blog and make comments. I guess he did not notice that Millville's bond rating went up!! Of course he rather be negitive. Oh well at least it gives me "hits" on my blog and I too can make "free" money:)

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Just doing our part to make up for the $700.