Sunday, August 24, 2008

Eva Felley August 22, 2008

I was discussing the politics of the day at
Brenner's Brew in Bridgeton Saturday morning
I was told I would like this.
Indeed I do!!

Here's How to do It

Sand is a lousy place to bury your head.
With crabs nipping at your lips
and grenheads biting your butt,
it's easy to be distracted
from the pretense
of not knowing what the hell is going on.

What with high tide rolling in
when you've just packed down
the last shovelful,
wind blowing your labor
into the dunes
and kids building castles
on your neat little heap,
there probably isn't a worse place
to remain oblivious.

I say,
if you're determined to go through the trouble,
make it stick-
get real stuck.
Encase your head in concrete,
Jimmy Hoffa style.
Hear, see, smell no evil
forever.



Eva Felley
August 22, 2008

No comments: