Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011:The Other Events

Chinatown June 29, 2011
Hello world. I was at 8th and Arch in Philly and there was a HUGE line at the PENN DOT Drivers Center. Glad I didn't have to go there! I am also glad that the Segway is not popular. This is one of the most goofy useless inventions ever hyped. See the photo  below to see how on a crowded sidewalk they would be a menace to society. Let the DORKS spend money, the economy needs it.
Now in Chinatown in Philadelphia on the way to training at 7th  and Arch. This is where the African American Museum is located. Hope to get some cheap yummy coffee. Training starts at 10am.
Slipshod Training Material
Speaking of DPW Training, it was really absurd. I could tell it was put together in 6 weeks like they told us. It takes away work from the Earn Centers and puts it back on us. It presumes that we have time to be social workers and job developers. We as CDU have not been trained to do this (well today for 6 hrs) and we do not have the staffing levels and time to do what they would like. I think our welfare stats will drop.
 like a stone as we learn and have stuff change from day to day for the next several months.
Baby boy Crowe was born this morning. His name has not been disclosed as of this time. It's now 7:30. I got the cutest photo taken at the hospital. The boy has this little knit hat on. So Carolyne is babysitting the the dogs at the Crowe's. I am getting milk at the WAWA. I then will do stuff such as taking out the trash. 
Parade of Dorks
I did that stuff and I was offered the use of a friend's computer so I can put in photos and type with 2 hands instead of a thumb. I am pretty good with my thumb but having all 10 of my digits is alot more fun.
Sunset in Millville NJ June 29
The details of the proposed new state contract.are out. Its a really good tentative agreement since the state was really out to cut benefits and pay for the next 3 years. This contract if ratified will be a 4 year contract.  I have a contract meeting on Monday July 11 at the Crowne Plaza  at 18th Street in Philly that starts at 6pm. There SEIU668 members will have the chance to ask questions and a formal presentation will be made about the contract proposal.
I am off next week for a short stay cation. I am sure it will be nice to be away of the controlled chaos of the new CDU regs start hitting the fan. I will be able to be more of a help for the baby Crowe.  I think the diaper change lessons are weeks away.
Well, the 4th of July is right around the corner. Millville is having a parade for the first time since I moved here in  August 2003. They used to have one before but I am not sure when that was.  The Phillies play the Red Sox this week. Tonite Cliff Lee dominated the Red Sox with a 5-0 shutout.
As the Philly Inquirer states:.
He threw a shutout for the third straight game, equaling Hall of Famer Robin Roberts as the only two Phillies pitchers to ever do so. He has not allowed a run in 32 straight innings, the longest streak of his career. It's the longest scoreless streak for a Phillies starter since Roberts twirled 322/3 scoreless innings 61 years ago.
In the month of June, Lee threw 42 of a possible 45 innings in five starts. He allowed one run on 21 hits with eight walks and 29 strikeouts. That yields a crazy 0.21 ERA for June
Well, its now 10:39Pm. I should not wear out my welcome. Thank you for letting me use your computer. I can write a real blog entry with photos on a nite where I am home alone with no puppies.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: