Thursday, June 04, 2009

A Odd Day








Well it was a odd sort of day. First I see a dead dear on the way to work where RT55 nears the merge to RT 42. I think got keys from a pet sitting customer who showed off his pet corn snake. This snake was belly full from a mouse that he just ate. When I arrived at work I got a call about the untimely death of Emil Van Hook. That was a shock since he came close to winning a City Commmission seat just last month. At work the Department of Public Welfare's network was down half of the day. I cleaned my desk and left work early. Nowadays, work can't be done with out a network connection. I paid a visit to a friend who has this dreary apt. You can see that in one of the photos.
I drove home in the rain half of the trip. I had the most rain from Glassboro to Malaga. As soon as I hit Vineland the road was bone dry. In fact Millville did not get rain till about 7:30pm. That was over an hour later. I stopped over at Rich's house and had a cold one and did some catching up. Today I read that the Pedestrian Bridge will get handicaped ramps built by volunteers. This is good new but I am bummed that it can not be used this summer because of "bidding "issues".
Oh well, better late then never.
I don't know about you my dear reader but I LIKE this cool wet weather. No AC's to run ($$) and the grass and trees are very green. Well off to work and stuff.

No comments: