Friday, February 20, 2009

Crossroads

Here it is early morning of Feb 20th. Some thoughts are in order. What were they thinking with that stupid cartoon in the NY Post? I guess was to GRAB attention and my friends they did succeed in that endeavor. I think some of the angry conservatives need some therapy so they can move past their trauma. I enjoy checking out other blogs since there are many folks with thoughtful things to say. One topic that come up about the recently stimulus plan is a " Buy American clause that became a part of the plan. In his trip to Canada, President Obama assured the Canadian Prime Minister that the US would abide by its trade agreements. A blog called Gone Like the Wind questions those in the media (like CBS 60 minutes program) who are opposed to this provision. Also frigid weather is back and man did I feel it tonite when I walked my 3 dogs to the Millville Riverfront. Its February and it will remain on again off again cold till the end of March. I just wondered what happened to Hootie and the Blowfish? They were very big in the 90's. Maybe they decided to stop being artists and went into politics or just went fishing with their kids. Who knows and who really cares. Now a band like REM now we are talking. Listen to Monster sometime. It was their 9th album released in 1994 when I got married. Here is one of the songs I dig in this album called Bang and Blame. I used to watch this video of their song Crush with Eyeliner all the time cause its fun and rocks!
Shall I comment on Millville politics? Umm. I had some interesting conversations at the Oar House this week. Topics included the elections for the Millville Board of Education and the Millville City Commission. Of course the group TrackRacket came up as well as the future of the Municipal Airport. The last meeting of the City Commission was discussed but I did NOT bring up the ugly signs that were allowed to be put up. It is good to have a store to buy a quick milk or drink and the man is very nice. I am seeing them now as good neighbors, I just don't look up.
I hope to be Fixing a Hole and moving ahead. We are working on opening of the Fithian Gallery March 20th. Do you like the photo of the Millville pedestrian bridge? It was take on Feb 15th. The city park is definitely getting better! I should ask Janice Gandy to meet me there and maybe we can have a civil discourse. A year from now hopefully we can cross the bridge away from this recession.
Later today its 3rd Friday

No comments: