Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Visit to Long Beach Island

Last night I paid a visit to LBI and met up with John Dave and Mike and their kids to 74th Street. Mike had a vacation this past week and John took his son Alex to the East Coast. I left work at 4pm and  stopped over at Mayo's Halfway House as I have done since my parents took us there for lunch or dinner in the 70's and 80's I took a quick dip in the ocean. Man that was quite refreshing. We then had crab-cakes and corn on the cob for dinner and boy that was tasty. We hung out while a huge thunderstorm hit.
Krulls on Friday July 29
Storm!!
Rockin at Kubel's
Going home today on the GSP
It was quite the lightning show that it scared the kids a bit. We then went to Kubels (Old DeFreata's) to see if we would run in to any of the long lost folks we used to see many years ago, we did not but the band was very good. They played covers of Cream, Alman Brothers and the like and we danced around and had a fun time.
Hope, we can do that again cause LBI is a good shore point and has not changed all that much and I think that is way better then most of the shore points with great sand on its beaches.
Well, I am visiting my Grandson now, so go to fly!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: