Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The State of County Govenment

I was out training for a part time job and I had to miss the events of our County Government. Tonite when a local citizen had the nerve to speak up about an issue, she was asked in a condescending way by the most powerful man in our poor county; "How long have you lived in Cumberland County?"
Of course our local media will not report how even SLIGHT dissent is just ignored and dismissed like flies on a dog. Can they check things out and act like a free press in a free country?? I mean most folks do not want to bother to look into this in a recession. Does it take a man with a cheap digital camera and his friends to do the work of the press. I was struck how the media tells us that the "Main Voice of Dissent" is a Democrat on a 7-0 Democratic controlled freeholder board. She is no longer on the board as of Freeholder meeting held Tues Dec 30 2008.
While I and others have concerned ourselves with a man with taxpayer subsidized horse farm, the BIG guy on the Freeholder Board has taken control of all in Cumberland County New Jersey!! He has done it the old fashioned Illinois way with power and intimidation. I will leave it to the more informed to give details. I do know in 2009 that the county government merits watching. As I read earlier this month, our county taxes have gone up...up and up and what do we get from it?? A new courthouse????

No comments: