Monday, March 19, 2007

A Five Hour Tour





I ment to write this several days ago when I just finished my epic journey from West Phila to Millville via Ardmore Pa.
Well, as you remember Vineland and points north had 13hours of sleet. I was let out of work early and thought I would make it to Millville by at least 6pm. Well, when I dropped the phone on sleet slush and it died on the spot. I then decided that I would go 8 miles west to Ardmore Pa on the Main line to have the phone fixed or replaced.
Tried to have them fist it but since I got it wet I was SOL. The friendly Verizon folks helped me to a new phone. It was 6pm until I got out of there and Lancaster Ave (RT 30) was a mess and backed up going east to Philly. I asked another customer and she suggested to go West on Rt 30 to the I-476 known as the blue Route. Seemed like a good idea at the time. The sleet was pouring down on Rt 30 and I went slooowly on to I 476. It was slow but there were not too many cars on the road, so it was passable. From there, I went to I 95 and that was very slow with much traffic. It was so slow, I had time to program a few of my speed-dials. As you could guess I did loose all the phone numbers, so I am in recovery mode..
Anyway, made it to the Walt Whitman with no slipping or sliding and was like a snail down RT 42. Well, guess what? Rt 55 was closed at the Glassboro/Ferrel Exit. Took a detour right past the court where I got my last speeding ticket. Found out later it was a horrable wreck where a mini-van went head-on with a semi!! 3 people died. YIKES!! After that, well just wanted to get home alive. When I reached Malaga at Rt 40 it was just rain and when I reached High Street, a cold hard rain fell. Went for RRCA for an hour and then went to bed and proceeded to just relax all day Saturday. Bye for now

No comments: