Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Yesterday July 2nd




Well I was running late to my job at the welfare office and stopped by Sam's before walking a dog. I met some old West Philly friends Jeff Strong, John Jenson and Gina. It was a beautiful day for a real live flashback to the late 80's. I had my cell phone camera ready for that moment. Gina is moving to California, John is living in NY state and Jeff is still in Philly.
After doing my job I hit the eye doctor for my 2 year check up. I seem to be about 3 years away from bi-focals (gettin old eh) but I just kept my old frames since none of the frames did anything for me. Still it was over $200. I now have to send in for my reimbursement to the insurance company.
I then drove my customary 50 miles back home to Millville and join others in Dottie's walk which is EVERY Monday nite at the Culver Center 2nd and Sassafras Sts. We picked up trash greeted neighbors and saw some trashy properties. Here is a sample. The broken fence with trash is at 101 N 5th Street. I will look up the landlord for this and put it on the Friends of Millville website real soon with the name and address of this slumlord. A video of our walk is here
Tonight is the Millville City Commission meeting which should feature the MF's in action. Remember Even a Blind Squirrel gets a nut ever now and then!!

No comments: